bullet.gif Player Profiles

bullet.gif QAcademy
Users Online
bullet.gif Guests Online: 1

bullet.gif Members Online: 0

bullet.gif Total Members: 846
bullet.gif Newest Member: Tom
Premium Site Content

Wondering where all of the other good stuff has gone?

Premium content such as Shedcam, Event Calendar, Player Stats and Rankings, Player Profiles, Video Content, Pictures, Site Competitions, Games Arcade, User Gold and other goodies are now visible only to our Registered Users.

However, registration is completely free, and takes a matter of seconds!

So, click HERE to register now!
County Committee

County Manager/Chairperson: Maria Lewis

Treasurer: Daniel Marshall

A Team Manager/Captain: Stuart Douglas

B1 Team Manager/Captain: Colin Thomas

B2 Team Manager/Captain: Ben Marshall

Ladies Manager/Captain: Lisa Reynolds

Seniors Captain: Andy Waters

Masters Captain: Ravi Bath

Tournament Director: Mike Chappell

Players Rep: Wenda Hooton

MK Tuesday League
MK Sunday League
MK EPA Singles League
MKSBL Singles League
Web Master
Koopa
Site Team
Dog Deano
Last Seen Users
bullet.gif daveediker 2 weeks
bullet.gif Pete 3 weeks
bullet.gif jamesr 3 weeks
bullet.gif BlackBalled 5 weeks
bullet.gif kingmartyn 8 weeks
bullet.gif Koopa12 weeks
bullet.gif Hammer20 weeks
bullet.gif ads21 weeks
bullet.gif The Great25 weeks
bullet.gif Scott_Harvey30 weeks
bullet.gif Adambond8933 weeks
bullet.gif carl allum142 weeks
bullet.gif Arsenalfc61 weeks
bullet.gif hwmc65 weeks
bullet.gif pete l76 weeks
bullet.gif dave7red80 weeks
bullet.gif maria mezza ...81 weeks
bullet.gif BULLET85 weeks
bullet.gif shootpool86 weeks
bullet.gif Deano86 weeks
bullet.gif exiled88 weeks
bullet.gif Keyring90 weeks
bullet.gif whatafcukinl...93 weeks
bullet.gif dave267994 weeks
bullet.gif poolplayerdan110 weeks
View Thread
Bucks8ball.com » Milton Keynes Leagues » MK Sunday League
 Print Thread
Sunday league starts
Hammer
Premier

1/the Cricket Club Bradwell
2/the Lad's
3/MK Wanderers
4/Deanshanger
5/Hanslope
6/Stantonbury
7/the Dove
8/Herald utd

1st Div

1/Dove Pretenders
2/Countryman
3/Rose & Crown
4/Queen vic
5/the cricketers
6/Herald Flyers
7/the westeners
8/Giffard Park

Please get your £1 per player registration in asap
Edited by Hammer on 05/09 12:15

plodder
I am not sure this is a good idea.
This would mean a team who may finish in the middle/lower half of the 2nd division is quite possibly going to get thrashed often.
All teams that would have been in the top division will have an easy ride against the vast majority of teams of lower division standard.
The only close games that are possible between what would have been be the 2 divisions, are the bottom 2 of the top and top 2 of the lower divisions.
If only one division it could be boring for the top teams and terrible for the lower teams.
At the moment the good thing about the 2nd division is that the players enjoy the game with little frustration win or lose.
The top division is made up of players that take the game seriously. This makes a difference in temperament and my guess is that players in the lower/bottom part of the league will drop their intentions and leave the game, and eventually lower teams may often just be turning up to get thrashed and drop out too.

I would like to suggest carry on with 2 leagues, with 8 in the first, and 6 in the second.
if that is not suitable then 10 in the first, and 4 in the second, with the lower 4 playing each other 4 times (2 home, 2 away).

I know that a lot of players that play in the 2nd division fear the league being made up of only 1 division.
Teams and players may decide not to play at all after this decision has been made after registration.

Please re-think the Committees decision and get the voice of EVERY teams point of view first.

Thekeeper
I Defo think if we are going to have only one division we need call off weeks like last season but enable each team to have a few call offs per season as it would be a very large season.

I however love the three man cup idea as well as the normal cup, my advice is speak to Stuart Douglas re this as he has the best knowledge of setting things like this up and getting high attendance rates!

If you ever want more committee members I would happily help out also!

Cheers Dave
We have been called a few names, The Royal Oak, Deanshanger and Mk Minions but I can finally post this 9 in a row not bad for a "mid table team"! Not sure which name I like the best??? FootballCheer

http://www.thekeeper.co.uk
Penfold

Hammer wrote:

hi all unfortunately we have had a few teams merged or disbanded so were left with 14 teams. we have decided to have 1 division for this season
which will start on the 18th of September we are hoping to introduce a new 3 man cup competition this season as well as the team K.O and the Doubles. I hope the few lower league teams will understand. its the fairest way for the landlords who pay your team reg it would not be right to only have 6 home games. I am reminding all teams that have yet to pay your £1 per player registration to have it in the herald before the 16th September there are forms behind the bar at the herald or on this site the league is listed below thank you all for your support DM

1st Div

1/the Lad's
2/the Cricket Club Bradwell
3/MK Wanderers
4/Deanshanger
5/Hanslope
6/Herald Flyers
7/Stantonbury w.m.c
8/Giffard Park
9/Queen vic
10/Rose & Crown
11/Countryman
12/the Dove
13/Herald utd
14/Dove Pretenders

What's wrong with having two divisions of 7 and playing home and away twice. That would surely satisfy both players and landlords. Teams playing teams of a similar standard and landlords getting 12 home games.

Hammer

Penfold wrote:

Hammer wrote:

hi all unfortunately we have had a few teams merged or disbanded so were left with 14 teams. we have decided to have 1 division for this season
which will start on the 18th of September we are hoping to introduce a new 3 man cup competition this season as well as the team K.O and the Doubles. I hope the few lower league teams will understand. its the fairest way for the landlords who pay your team reg it would not be right to only have 6 home games. I am reminding all teams that have yet to pay your £1 per player registration to have it in the herald before the 16th September there are forms behind the bar at the herald or on this site the league is listed below thank you all for your support DM

1st Div

1/the Lad's
2/the Cricket Club Bradwell
3/MK Wanderers
4/Deanshanger
5/Hanslope
6/Herald Flyers
7/Stantonbury w.m.c
8/Giffard Park
9/Queen vic
10/Rose & Crown
11/Countryman
12/the Dove
13/Herald utd
14/Dove Pretenders

What's wrong with having two divisions of 7 and playing home and away twice. That would surely satisfy both players and landlords. Teams playing teams of a similar standard and landlords getting 12 home games.
we have done that before it don't work your in the top flight anyway

fredthered
I think two divisions is a must to keep up the interest of the so called lower standard teams you will definitely have teams drop out if it's one league
I like the play each team twice idea more than (one big league) we are struggling for teams now and don't want to have any more drop out
The older i get - the better i was

plodder
Your reply it wont work in the top flight may be true, but it will work in the 2nd flight and I think that is a must now.
May I suggest you pick for the top flight of say 7,8,9,10 teams and I am sure the members of the new 2nd division will work it out for themselves if need be.
Neil
(a 2nd division team that would like to stay a 2nd division team)

whatafcukinliberty
Not sure 14 teams in one division will work.... I am losing interest just thinking about it..
Lower division side will get so fed up finishing mid to bottom table, not good for pool, the night out or for confidence.
8 in top division and 6 in bottom..
Bottom division play each other 4 times
Top division play each other twice...
bottom division requires 20 sundays and top requires 16, i would suggest to do a 3 man comp in top division to run through the extra 4 weeks
cops and who???

Hammer

fredthered wrote:

I think two divisions is a must to keep up the interest of the so called lower standard teams you will definitely have teams drop out if it's one league
I like the play each team twice idea more than (one big league) we are struggling for teams now and don't want to have any more drop out
we have looked at all ideas the fact there are 10 top flight teams in this season and only 4 lower if all the lower league teams didn't fold or merge with others we would not have had this problem we have been running the league's in Milton Keynes for 20 years so we know all about this problem and now this is the best way to do it for one season only there are a lot of other facts which brought us to this decision one of them is finances the money received for 14 teams do not cover the cost of trophies and prize money for 2 divisions at the usual standard doubling up the fixtures don't work the last time it happened the league nearly folded so the decision has been made and implemented I was hoping for a bit of support but it's always the same people that pop up when it's always to late we are sorry for the inconvenience to the 4 lower league teams I will be contacting those teams personally to go over our reason and if all agree arrange a handicap system for them cheers DM

Arsenalfc
Do you know when the fixtures will be sent out??

Thekeeper
I personally suggest having a Capt and management meeting in the next week get every Capt to attend and get a consensus, i had never had the above mentioned to myself or I would have also gone against the idea, I first saw it on this thread!!! I understand finance side (this could be cut by no cup prize money as the league winners receive nothing anyway bar the trophies)!

As Capt of Deanshanger it's not just the lower teams not wanting to play the larger teams it's also the top league teams wanting the standard of pool and to a degree standard of tables! We don't want to play 5 games and three teams drop out and we have wasted those games!

I believe this needs to be spoken about or the league may become a farse and I for one love this league and would prefer to take a few weeks to help get it perfect rather than see a league I love turn to a farse!

I don't mean to offend any one with the comments but I think it needs to be said from a prem teams side also!

I will happily help but as Capt of shanger I have been asked by my team to step in and put this point across!

Cheers lee
We have been called a few names, The Royal Oak, Deanshanger and Mk Minions but I can finally post this 9 in a row not bad for a "mid table team"! Not sure which name I like the best??? FootballCheer

http://www.thekeeper.co.uk
Arsenalfc
What's the point of then lower league anyway?? Because when someone wins it or comes second they don't want to get promoted. Which in my eyes they shouldn't play in the league. The aim of this is once you get promoted try and stay up and play better players to improve your own game. If the lower teams don't want to play in one league I would just get rid of them because even if there was two they still wouldn't come up.

big col
Hi all I hear that the 14 team league has now been changed can someone give an update of whats happening and as the league starts in 2 weeks when will the fixtures be available thanks

Hammer
Its all changed people we are having 2 divisions of 8 watch this space
Edited by Hammer on 05/09 12:02

whatafcukinliberty
Good work Dave, well done
cops and who???

Jump to Forum:
Google Search
Follow us on Facebook

Help this site and the network
grow by following all the
Bucks8Ball and iCueSport news:

Region 6 Southern
Region 6 Southern Live
Mens AFixturesTableStats
Mens BFixturesTableStats
Mens CFixturesTableStats
LadiesFixturesTableStats
SeniorsFixturesTableStats
MastersFixturesTableStats
Region 6 Southern Results
ShedCam - Live Pool

Europe U.S.A
0 0
Race to 11
Click for Scorer Panel
The Potting Shed Leagues
Code of Conduct

iCueSport Web Shop

Discount Supplies

Cue Wizard

The textual content, images and programming displayed within this website are the exclusive property of Bucks8ball.com, or provided to Bucks8ball.com by third parties such as iCueSport for exclusive use within this website. Duplication or reproduction of this content, unless explicitly stated otherwise, is an offence under UK, EU and US Copyright Law. Please note the terms and conditions of using our forums! This site is not designed for children if you are under 13 then please leave now.

Copyright Bucks8ball.com © 2010